Support the Humanities Departments
This Founders’ Day, the History Department is fundraising to bring the past alive through a digital history library and student presentations.
When you make a gift to the History Department today, your gift will provide the necessary support to:
- Attend various national and international conferences where students present their research.
- facilitate the acquisition of new research tools for digital history library.
- Facilitate research trips to visiting archives
- Invite prestigious speakers that would connect the college to the wider profession on timely and important historical topics
Make a gift today to the History Department by using the secure form below!
This Founders’ Day, the English Department is fundraising to offer more professional networking opportunities for our students.
When you make a gift to the English Department today, your gift will provide the necessary support to:
- Attend conferences and networking opportunities where the students would meet with professionals in publishing, writing, and teaching. This might include the North Carolina Media Association which fosters student who seek careers in traditional journalism and other media or the Catholic Imagination Conference which features award-winning creative writers, scholars, and representatives from the book and magazine publishing industry.
- Enhance the distribution of Agora, Belmont Abbey College’s student literary magazine, published yearly during spring semester. Agora is submitted to the North Carolina College Media Association each year and has consistently won first place for poetry and fiction, third place for best of show, and many honorable mentions. We’d like to distribute this work of art to more people and to accept more entries from the Abbey Community.
Make a gift today to the English Department by using the secure form below!
Make a Gift to the History or English Department Today!
And, as a special thank you during the Founders’ Day Challenge, each donation of $5 or more will get a special Belmont Abbey Gift!
“The History department here at the Abbey is phenomenal. The professors prove that they are adept in their respective fields, and the passion they each bring to each lecture makes the learning experience all the more enjoyable. They always make a point to be available to students, whether it is to discuss assignments and research or to simply catch up! I am very thankful that I chose History for my major here!”
“What I like most about being an Agora editor is the poetry. We receive poetry of all kinds from the Abbey community of students, alumni, and faculty. You see writing you don’t expect from the people you know! I like reading “the greats” in the classroom, but being in Agora has brought poetry to a human level for me too. Rather than seeing poetry as an impeccable thing, I have learned to see it “in action” and it has helped my craft as well.”
Mary Lang ’21
The History Department here at Belmont Abbey is unparalleled.
Studying history at the Abbey, I’ve had a plethora of opportunities with internships, guest lecturers, and trips with the department. I’m super grateful for everything I’ve learned and been able to do because of the History Department, and couldn’t imagine majoring in anything else!”