Your Lasting Impact on Belmont Abbey College
You surpassed the Founders’ Day Challenge goal and raised over $172,000 for BAC academic and student life programs.
Thank you for your involvement in making this historic Founders’ Day Challenge a huge success! Because of you, we surpassed our $150,000 goal!!
Through efforts like the Founders’ Day Challenge, you make programs and initiatives like these possible:
- The Honors College can make much-needed renovations to Grace Auditorium.
- The Library can purchase display cases for the Abbey’s Rare Books Collection.
- Business Department can send their students to business conferences.
- The Education Department can enhance its Teacher Education Resource Center and increase its community outreach.
- The History Department can fund research grants for students.
- The English Department can enhance the distribution of Agora.
- The Criminal Justice Department can partake in a formative trip to study the founding of the American justice and prudential system.
- The Psychology Department can improve its internship opportunities.
- The Philosophy Department can enhance its philosophy club and lecture series.
- The Science and Mathematics Departments can purchase new equipment.
- The Motorsports Management Department can increase student exposure to professional connections and experiences.
- The Fine Arts departments can purchase a new curtain for the stage.
- Campus Ministry can help more students have a deeper relationship with God.
- Student life can enhance student leadership opportunities.
- The Academic Resource Center can hire more tutors.
- “Money the Abbey Way” can improve its programming.
Your gifts continue the legacy of giving that founded Belmont Abbey College. The first gift was in 1876 when Father Jeremiah J. O’Connell, with the permission of Bishop James Gibbon, gave a group of Benedictine monks 500 acres of land in rural North Carolina to establish a school. Father Herman Wolfe, Abbot Leo Haid, Father Prior Felix Hintemeyer, and St. Katharine Drexel shaped the future of a place they hoped would become a strong community built on faith and fellowship. You have carried on their dreams with your support of the Founders’ Day Challenge.
Thank you for joining in this new tradition and making our first Founders’ Day Challenge a huge success. The students of Belmont Abbey College will see the impacts of your generosity for years to come.